Denunciar estacionamento abusivo com uma app

O moço da TowIt respondeu-me:

Hi Nuro,

Firstly thanks for contacting us, we absolutely love hearing from our users!

We’ve been quite surprised with the amount of usage in Portugal over the last few weeks. We did see the article on SIC Notícias a few weeks back… Are you aware of any other Portuguese press we may have received?

I’m glad to hear that things are getting competitive there in regards to the app. These comments are hilarious! Our current version is still technically “beta”, and we are simply watching to see how users are using the app before we figure out what we are going to do next- we’re taking a very iterative approach to all this.

We are working on a version 1.0 that should be released in the coming weeks. We’ve included captioning, commenting, hash tagging, and voting in the upcoming version. Gamification has always been on our mind, but we have to be careful about how the app is presented to government and law enforcement officials and there are some concerns there. It can’t seem too “fun” when it’s supposed to interface with government services.

The other potential issue with gamification is the expectation of rewards. We are a small startup that is completely self funded at this time, and as such can’t really afford to offer any rewards to our users just yet. Perhaps there will be a partnership play in the near future, but we just aren’t there yet.

Anyway, I do appreciate the feedback. Perhaps we will see it in there in a few months time. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for using the app, for the ongoing support, and for the feedback!

Sincerely,

Michael McArthur
President & Co-Founder

ao que respondi:

Hi Michael,

see my answers inline

We’ve been quite surprised with the amount of usage in Portugal over the last few weeks. We did see the article on SIC Notícias a few weeks back… Are you aware of any other Portuguese press we may have received?
[Nuro] There’s a Forum from a Bike Association (MUBi.pt) that spreaded the word:
(maybe you can translate it with google translate)
In fact I will post your reply so everyone get your feedback… ok?

I’m glad to hear that things are getting competitive there in regards to the app. These comments are hilarious! Our current version is still technically “beta”, and we are simply watching to see how users are using the app before we figure out what we are going to do next- we’re taking a very iterative approach to all this.
We are working on a version 1.0 that should be released in the coming weeks. We’ve included captioning, commenting, hash tagging, and voting in the upcoming version.
[Nuro] Seem interesting, but not killer features :frowning: What I would like is the possibility that after submission I could also pick one or several emails addresses to send a link to the submitted infraction.
If police or city traffic department received these infraction they would:

• notice TowIt :slight_smile:
  • need to act on some of the infraction;
    The list of emai addresses could be created by the users of TowIt. And then depending on my location TowIt app could suggest: “Do you want to send it to Police A, ou City Dpt B, or whatever”.

Gamification has always been on our mind, but we have to be careful about how the app is presented to government and law enforcement officials and there are some concerns there. It can’t seem too “fun” when it’s supposed to interface with government services.
[Nuro] You can have it both ways.
The main core is use for both ends, but you can have a user interface for the citizens and another frontend for the government services.
Same data/information with two different flavours/frontends/sites/apps.

The other potential issue with gamification is the expectation of rewards. We are a small startup that is completely self funded at this time, and as such can’t really afford to offer any rewards to our users just yet. Perhaps there will be a partnership play in the near future, but we just aren’t there yet.
[Nuro] You don’t need to give actually physical rewards.
See the Nike+ community. The rewards are virtual.

Install Nike+ on your phone and use it for some days… you’ll get badges for motivation! Virtual badges!

Anyway, I do appreciate the feedback. Perhaps we will see it in there in a few months time. :slight_smile:
[Nuro] I’m just a concern citizen who wants a better city to live. If you ever come to Lisbon and need something that I can help or advice just let me know.

Hoje reparei que alguém em Algés estava onfire a criar incidências!

2 Curtiram

Parabéns pela iniciativa

não é press, mas é importante :slight_smile:

1 Curtiu

Pois é, não me lembrei. Hei de referir isso ao moço… Xorry lá.

O homem do TowIt é simpático, coloquei uma dúvida sobre a aplicação na pag do FB e acabei à conversa com ele.

Aparentemente o GPS deve estar ligado e os Dados Móveis também. O wireless não.

Ele não percebe porque é que duas ocorrencias muito próximas não aparecem, diz que houve testes intensivos e funcionou. Comigo não :frowning:

Discutimos também um pouco uma questão que ainda não foi abordada aqui, a questão de isto poder ser um primeiro passo para nos tornarmos agentes de um um Big Brother, um pouco delatores, eu que uso ainda não me sinto completamente confortável com isso…

A resposta dele é: “We’re not informants. We are concerned citizens who are tired of others in our community acting anti social And storing their large personal possessions in public wherever they please without concern for the communities around them”

3 Curtiram

Hello everyone,

Firstly, my apologies for not replying in Portuguese. I hope you are able to translate this text properly.

My name is Michael McArthur, I’m the President and Co-Founder of TowIt.

I’ve been in touch with Rui Martins and Nuro Carvalho (who are involved in this thread) via email and Facebook for the last few days. They have suggested that I join in on the conversation to answer any questions you may have for me to the best of my abilities - considering the imperfect Google translations! :smile:

My co-founder Gregory and I have been absolutely thrilled to see the adoption of the application in Portugal. We cannot thank you enough for all your usage and support. When we built TowIt we knew it was something that could work globally, and it absolutely warms our hearts to see conversations such as this. It’s people such as yourselves that make this all worth while for us.

We’re pretty busy working on the next version of the app, dealing with press and interviews, etc. That said, I will do my best to reply here as often as I can.

Thank you very much for all the support. Together, I believe we can change the world for the better.

Obrigado!

Sincerely,

Michael McArthur - President & Co-Founder
https://towit.io | [email protected]

7 Curtiram

Hi Michael

Be welcomed to this forum! Actually Portugal should really be a case-study due a huge disrespect on behalf of many drivers regarding pedestrian areas. Drivers park in urban areas in Portugal, somehow without any kind of traffic punitive measures, wherever they like.

This forum promoted your outstanding and marvelous app with the precious information from @ricardocruz, because we really feel that there should be a public warning regarding this kind of behavior. Another pedestrian-friendly NGO also publicized your app. Kindly check this.

Pay still attention that most likely authorities in Portugal will never take into account such messages and such public awareness, even if we have in Lisbon three public and official institutions that shall take care of parking violations.

By the way, why not putting your app in Transifex for translations? Most likely you would find nice contributors with translations to Portuguese.

Thanks again and congratulations for the outstanding application.

2 Curtiram

Ninguém quer pegar nas questões éticas que o uso desta aplicação levanta.
Eu estou a usa-la e ao mesmo tempo ainda não parei de me questionar… :frowning:

Queres enumerar e/ou explanar?

2 Curtiram

Já houve essa discussão antes… o @fernandomagalhes já frisou muitos desses pontos que tu e todos andamos a pensar.

A discusão foi aqui:
http://forum.mubi.pt/t/orcamento-participativo-2015-ideia/448/

Eu não vejo isto como delação ou “bufice”, pois não é mais que pegar no telefone e ligar para a polícia ou ir à esquadra, é simplesmente uma melhoria processual dada a tecnologia atual, mas posso estar a ver mal o filme…
O que para mim é eticamente reprovável é ver um carro com um palerma estacionado em cima do passeio/passadeira e ver pessoas com mobilidade reduzida a terem de arriscar a vida indo para a estrada…

1 Curtiu

in: Aplicação móvel contra o estacionamento ilegal

2 Curtiram

malta, vou desenterrar este topico porque acho que estamos em 1º no mundo, não?

de qualquer forma os números são brutais, 3000++ reports!!

eu agora tenho enviado uns emails para a psp, mas é muita chato. ou instalar a app e começar a usar

tenho pena de não dar (pelo que percebi) para mostrar ocorrências com menos de x tempo, para ter uma noção de como está a evoluir

1 Curtiu

Aumentou 50% nos últimos dois meses, em Portugal — tínhamos duas mil e qualquer coisa.

Em grande parte por causa dos Vizinhos do Areeiro, suponho (Lisboa estava atrás de Oeiras, por exemplo).

O Fórum Cidadania Lisboa pediu (entre outras coisas) à CML que a EMEL e Polícia Municipal passassem a usar a aplicação — ou uma equivalente, se acharem que os dados não devem passar por uma empresa privada estrangeira. Aqui: http://cidadanialx.blogspot.pt/2017/02/apelo-cml-e-preciso-mais-estacionamento.html

Eu diria em todo o caso que 3000 em dois anos é pouco, pouquíssimo.

3 Curtiram

o melhor para ter ideia do problema é ver o usar que em 1h ou 2 publicou mais eventos.

sem ter ideia do espaço temporal ou da quantidade de usar não dá para ter uma ideia de nada

1 Curtiu

Em Setembro de 2016 já íamos com +2500.

1 Curtiu

Era mesmo muito importante isto poder ser usado pela psp… a forma agora é uma treta

Tirar foto com tlm, passar pro pc, anexar no mail, ver propriedades para tirar a hora certa, saber a rua ou ver no mapa o nome (eu também envio um mapa com o local), anexar CC/comprovativo de morada a cada email, procurar o código da infracção no CE

Podiamos fazer uma petição sobre isto nos grupos das bikes, talvez em parceria com o passeio livre (talvez complementado pelas fotos de carros nas ciclovias que alguém (sorry) anda a compilar no facebook

E muito importante, aliar a isto a um flood de queixas por email. dá trabalho como mostrei, mas se receberem mesmo muitas podem começar a acar que tem de melhorar o sistema ^^

Terá que ser uma coisa que a polícia consiga ver e autuar com alguma rapidez. Maior parte dos maus estacionamentos pode ter um período de tempo relativamente curto, se as autoridades não andam “em cima” dessas apps, de nada serve. Para que interessa uma foto de um mau estacionamento que ocorreu no passado?
O proprietário pode sempre alegar que nem se tratou de estacionamento mas sim de paragem para tomada ou largada de passageiros, por exemplo.
Teria que ser uma coisa para a polícia ir ao local na própria altura e autuar “in loco”.

Acho que não é preciso multarem na hora, tal como não é quando fazem razias e por ai fora

Em relação às paragens para largar passageiros, acho que não existe essa excepção para permitir parar o carro em cima de passadeiras, além disso se mostrares o carro vazia esse argumento torna-se ainda menos válido

De qualquer forma devo saber em breve, enviei um mail com fotos de 4 carros ontem.

Deixo o texto para se inspirarem (reparem na sustentabilidade, em cada foto vão logo 2 carros xD

email enviado ontem

Gostava de apresentar queixa em relação a estes 4 carros estacionados em cima, ou a poucos metros de uma passadeira, podendo facilmente contribuir para um atropelamento nas respectivas passadeiras (não tem semáforo, pelo que a visibilidade dos peões é essencial

Em cada foto aparecem 2 carros, ambas em anexo com a respectiva data.

O Cartão de cidadão e o comprovativo de morada (carta de condução) seguem na outra imagem em anexo.

Data: 23 de Fevereiro de 2017, 17:47 e 17:48 (cada foto tem a sua hora no nome)
Local: Rua Agostinho Neto nº 16 (17:47) e nº 22 (17:48)
no mapa marquei um percurso do 1º ponto para o 2º:
https://www.google.pt/maps/dir/38.7627604,-9.1533845/38.7635041,-9.1535565/@38.7630785,-9.1535277,143m/data=!3m1!1e3

Infracção: Paragem a menos de 5m de uma passadeira
Artigo 49.º Proibição de paragem ou estacionamento, 1) d

1 Curtiu

Como conseguem dedicar tempo a isto? Admiro-vos por isso.

Se o fizesse, acho que não conseguia fazer mais nada da vida. Na minha rua são dezenas diariamente.

não faço a todos xDD se não de facto era impossível, mas depois do 1º mail feito até é relativamente rápido fazer, é só anexar as novas fotos, alterar a data e o local, e siga.

se forem muitas no mesmo local (há sitio em que dá para fazer aos 20 de cada vez) o racio até não é mau :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Curtiu

Se fizeres um por dia, dá 10 segundos que dispensas, não custa assim tanto.

1 Curtiu