Impressões de um utilizador casual sobre a sua RadRunner

So in this case the Rad Runner would be a moped in Portugal and not street legal without all the mess it would take to register and so on…

I’m assuming this based on the following:

Acceleration without assisted pedaling
Speed up to 35 km/h

Thanks for the quick answer in English, I’m learning Portuguese :sweat_smile: but still not quite there.

1 Curtiu

I believe the RadRunner is still eligible to be considered a standard bicycle. It has 250W motor and max speed of 25km/h (assisted). It does have an accelerator but it only goes up to 6km/h

Awesome, Cheers! Will get the bike soon.

1 Curtiu

@Karl_Mai I think some information here is outdated or incorrect. But maybe @naturmotriz can be more helpful than me. What I will say may not be absolutely correct.

• You can legally have an hand accelerator, assisting you till 6 km/h, without pedaling. I think there is even an European Union norm saying this.

• The engine max power now is not limited to 250W, but to 1000W. 250 was based on an old legislation.

1 Curtiu

Yeah I think I found where I was getting confused, there’s actually 3 specs for the bike. USA which is what comes with just straight up acceleration up to 35 km/h. Canadá which I think has less power than US and doesn’t have a hand throttle but it sets it to max assist when you pull the throttle. And finally the EU version which is completely EU complaint (250W and 6kmh acceleration) as you guys have said.

I has basing my info off the US specs and didn’t know about the EU version.

2 Curtiram